Zamen | زامن
iFixit Posts Teardown of the New 15-inch MacBook Pro With Touch Bar [Photos]
iFixit has posted its teardown of the new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.
We started with the entry-level MacBook Pro "Escape Edition," and today we've reached the top of the line. With twice the fans, over a million more pixels, and the new Touch Bar that attempts to replace our tried-and-true function keys, it can only mean one thing: it's time to tear down the new 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.
● The MacBook Pro 15" identifies as model A1707
● There's a connector to nowhere.
● SSD is soldered
● Fansports completely different blades from the ones previously encountered.
● Six cell battery offers a total of 11.40 V, and has a power rating of 76.0 Wh.
Repairability Score: 1 out of 10
● The trackpad is easy to access and straightforward to replace.
● Use of proprietary pentalobe screws makes servicing and repair unnecessarily difficult.
● The entire battery assembly is strongly glued into the case, complicating replacement.
● The processor, RAM, and flash memory are soldered to the logic board.
● The Touch Bar adds a second, difficult-to-replace screen to damage.
● The Touch ID sensor doubles as the power switch, and is paired with the T1 chip on the logic board. Fixing a broken power switch may require help from Apple, or a new logic board.
Take a look at the some images below or hit the link for the full teardown.