Guides by Lonely Planet
Helena May
The Helena May was opened in 1916 by the wife of a governor as a social club for working, single European women, for whom the colony had little to offer by way of ‘respectable' entertainment like ballet lessons and tea parties. The colonial building, with features of the Palladian and beaux-arts styles, was used to stable horses during the Japanese Occupation.
See this content immediately after install