Guides by Lonely Planet
At Soho's northern end, this leafy square is the area's back garden. It was laid out in 1681, and originally named King's Sq; a statue of Charles II stands in its northern half. In the centre is a tiny half-timbered mock-Tudor cottage built as a gardener's shed in the 1870s. The space below it was used as an underground bomb shelter during WWII.