Dr. Harshita Jain (Intensive Care Specialist) needs a second opinion on this medical case.
A 45-year-old female presented with the following symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Productive cough last 2 weeks
- Weight loss
- HIV positive on 2nd line ARVs
- Unknown CD4 and viral count
- No known covid contacts
- Vitals: BP 143/92, HR 123, Sats: 52% on RA and 94% on polymask O2, RR- 38
- General: increased BMI, half-and-half nails, generalized lymphadenopathy
- Resp: mild alar flaring, SCR, scattered crackles.
- others systems: nothing of note
What special investigations would you like to do and what would be your differential diagnoses?